Blinded by Progress
Posted January 18, 2014on:
In 2012, I began an enlightening collaboration with Jubilee-Economics.org.
I have been so touched by its OneEarth message that I now co-host and produce The Common Good Podcast each month and blog at Jubilee-Economics.org once a week.
Jubilee’s Exec. Dir. Lee Van Ham has recently released the first volume of his Eden Trilogy. I had the honor of reading and commenting on it before publication.
Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us is available in paperback at your local independent bookstore and online as an eBook.
I urge you to do at least one of the following about the book:
Inside Personal Growth with Greg Voisen (34:08)
Follow the progress of the book at TheOneEarthProject.com.
Then recommend the book to others easily at GoodReads.com. Establish a free account easily, as I did recently, and give Lee five stars, maybe even a comment of encouragement.
What’s Now with SLW!
- Let’s Get Ready for a Simpler Lent & Easter – Jan. 15 Podcast
- Thought for the Day from free Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar. Jan. 17 – We find meaning in life through our relationships with God, nature and people, not through stuff. Often we allow our things to own us. We go into debt paying for something. We have to maintain it, then secure it so nobody steals it! What owns whom?
- Social Media Supplement to Simple Living 101: Tools for Activists Shy or Bold – Feb. 1 SLW! Podcast
- Richard Foster’s Guidelines for Simplicity Yes, he’s the author of Celebration of Discipline and Freedom of Simplicity. Foster’s guidelines complement the Five Life Standards of Living More with Less.
What Others Are Doing
- ACTION OF THE MONTH: Think of one item you regularly buy in the conventional market and buy it from the green sector market instead. More info here.
- YES! Magazine’s 7 Ways to UnStuff + Story of Stuff Project’s most recent video: Story of Solutions
- Mark Rasmussen on Aldo Leopold’s Legacy: How Leopold’s Land Ethic challenges industrial ag’s overuse of water and soil – TheCommonGoodPodcast.com
- Check out a few of these thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE.
- Treasury of Celebrations*: Create Celebrations That Reflect Your Values and Don’t Cost the Earth – Jan.-April, including Chinese New Year (Jan. 31) and St. Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14)
- 10 Tips for Simpler, More Meaningful Celebrations
- Alternatives’ Seasonal/Thematic Index
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3). Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent). SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service.
Access individual episodes: #1-3: Getting Acquainted | #4-5: Beyond a Consumer Lifestyle | #6-11: Whose Birthday Is It, Anyway? | #12: Living More with Less UPDATED | #13: Let’s Get Ready for a Simpler Lent & Easter
Do your friends a favor. Share this blog and podcast.
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
GRAPHIC: Blinded by Progress
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index
To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.