Episode 13: Let’s Get Ready for a Simpler Lent and Easter
Posted January 24, 2014on:
In this episode. . .
Let’s Get Ready for a Simpler, More Meaningful Lent and Easter – Click this Index and follow along as you listen.
To LISTEN, click the player at the top or the bottom of the complete Show Notes. Individual Episode Index (or see the list at the bottom of these notes)
COMING next episode: Simple Living 101: Tools for Activists (shy or bold) + BONUS Social Media Supplement – Jerry’s Adventures in Social Media
Lent/Easter Resources Site Map
- Article/ART Index: Easter
- Bulletin Inserts are indexed in Articles by season.
- En Español (all)
- Lenten Calendars and 40-Day Guides – For the current liturgical cycle (A), use #6, 9, 12, 15, or 18. Some are not based on a cycle and can be used any year.
- Sing Justice! Do Justice! New Songs & Hymns to Familiar & New Tunes: Lent/Easter, e.g. #19
- Spirit of Simplicity: Quotes and Art for Simpler Living and Global Justice | Foreword by Cecile Andrews | Introduction | How to Use This Collection | QUOTES | ART
- Treasury of Celebrations
- Who’s Risen from the Dead, Anyway? A. Reflection/Activity Guides (two guides for each cycle – total of six); B. Passover and Easter Seders; C. Posters and 40-Day Calendars; D. Bulletin Inserts & Covers (#551-559)
- Worship Alternatives: Worship Items (Litanies, Hymns, Prayers, etc.)| Sermons | ART for Lent/Holy Week/Easter
Mentions in This Episode
* * *
What’s Now with SLW!
- Let’s Get Ready for a Simple, More Meaningful Lent & Easter – Jan. 15 SLW! Podcast
- New Year, New Daily Inspiration: free Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – Jan. 24 – “Quality time” can be a myth, an excuse to spend a little time together in order to spend more time working to make more money to accumulate more stuff. Quantity time is also needed for healthy relationships, being there… in sports and fun, worship, talking, the arts. If you find this is a problem, discipline yourself to keep track of relationship time and increase it 10% each month till you reach your goal. Jan. 25 – Life Standard: Non-conform Freely. The forces against living simply are extremely powerful and devious. Some of them are quiet, unwritten… like how we dress in church, how our house will look at Christmas time. But many of them can be loud, in-your-face forces that work to get as deeply into our pocketbook as possible. (See September for media pressures.)
- Social Media Supplement to Simple Living 101: Tools for Activists Shy or Bold – Feb. 1 SLW! Podcast
What Others Are Doing
- Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us is available in paperback at your local independent bookstore and online as an eBook. I urge you to do at least one of the following about the book:
- Book Giveaway for Blinded by Progress – Enter to win one of 10 free copies from Jan 20-Feb 21, 2014.
- Lee’s interview with Ysmay Walsh on Joycott.com.
- TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode 42 (33:32)
- Inside Personal Growth with Greg Voisen (34:08)
- Follow the progress of the book at TheOneEarthProject.com.
- Then recommend the book to others easily at GoodReads.com. Establish a free account easily, as I did recently, and give Lee five stars, maybe even a comment of encouragement.
- Mark Rasmussen on Aldo Leopold’s Legacy: How Leopold’s Land Ethic challenges industrial ag’s overuse of water and soil – TheCommonGoodPodcast.com
- Check out a few of these thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE.
- Treasury of Celebrations*: Create Celebrations That Reflect Your Values and Don’t Cost the Earth – Jan.-April, including St. Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14)
- 10 Tips for Simpler, More Meaningful Celebrations
- Alternatives’ Seasonal/Thematic Index
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3). Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent). SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service.
Access individual episodes: #1-3: Getting Acquainted | #4-5: Beyond a Consumer Lifestyle | #6-11: Whose Birthday Is It, Anyway? | #12: Living More with Less UPDATED | #13 – Let’s Get Ready for a Simpler Lent & Easter
Do your friends a favor. Share this blog and podcast.
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
GRAPHIC: Spirit of Simplicity: Lent & Easter #3-A555
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index
To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.