- Lincoln’s Birthday, Feb, 12 | Presidents’ Day, Mon., Feb. 17 | Washington’s Birthday, Feb. 22
The Presidents’ Days offer an opportunity to remember two great Presidents and, in the process, to consider important qualities of political leadership. READ MORE
- Day of Remembrance, Feb. 19 | Tabletalk on Remembrance Day
Remember the story of Japanese-American internment during World War II. READ MORE
What’s NOW with SLW!
Valentine’s Day (art & text can be used as bulletin inserts) | 3-A537–Death Penalty | 3-A539–Human Rights: An Affair of the Heart | 3-A542–First Valentine (above) | 3-A549–Prisoners of Conscience
- Valentine’s Day (February 14) | Sweethearts and Prisoners | Human Rights: An Affair of the Heart | Prison Bars Don’t Stop Love and Appreciation 1 | Prison Bars Don’t Stop Love and Appreciation 2
- AFFLUENZA Valentine’s Day Vaccination Party | Also, my Recent Interview with Affluenza Producer & Author, John De Graaf
- Simple Living 101: Tools for Activists (shy or bold) + Jerry’s Excellent Adventure – Feb. 1 SLW! Podcast | Sharing the Joy of a Simpler Lifestyle Through Speeches, Workshops, Events, Study/Action Groups, Simplicity Circles and Social Media
- Cecile Andrews, Queen of Simplicity Circles – Feb. 15 Podcast
- Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – Feb. 13 – “If I give away all my possessions… but do not have love, I gain nothing.” – from I Corinthians 13. What keeps me from giving the gift of myself more often? What non-material gifts could I gave on the various gift-giving occasions during the year? (from Trek)
What Others Are Doing
- Interviews, Exhibits, Free Copies, and Book Groups—Spreading the Conversation about the OneEarth Project and the book, Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us, by Lee Van Ham. | TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode 42
- Faith and Money Radio – Making the Connection
- Mark Rasmussen on Aldo Leopold’s Legacy: GMO’s, biofuels and Occupying the World Food Prize, all on TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episodes 43-44.
Check out a few of these thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE.
- Treasury of Celebrations*: Create Celebrations That Reflect Your Values and Don’t Cost the Earth – Jan.-April
- 10 Tips for Simpler, More Meaningful Celebrations
- Alternatives’ Seasonal/Thematic Index
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3). Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent). SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service.
Access individual episodes: #1-3: Getting Acquainted | #4-5: Beyond a Consumer Lifestyle | #6-11: Whose Birthday Is It, Anyway? | #12: Living More with Less UPDATED | #13 – Let’s Get Ready for a Simpler Lent & Easter | #14 – Simple Living 101: Tools for Activists (shy or bold) + new Social Media Supplement
Do your friends a favor. Share this blog and podcast.
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
*GRAPHIC: Spirit of Simplicity: #8-A860
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index
To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.