Raves for “Tony and Shane Uncut”
Posted August 22, 2014on:
– Jim Wallis, Author of God’s Politics & President of Sojourners
This should challenge anybody with a heart.
– Aiden Enns, Geez magazine, BuyNothingChristmas.org
In an ocean of self-indulgent consumerism, an island of sanity and realism. A powerful resource in the move toward well-being.
– Walter Brueggemann, Columbia Theological Seminary
Theologically sound, intellectually enlightening, and morally engaging.
– Justo L. Gonzalez, Author of The Story of Christianity
Practical, creative ways you can live more simply in ways that make a real difference for our poorest neighbors and God’s good creation.
– Tom Sine, Author of The Mustard Seed Conspiracy
Profound and humorous, full of touching stories, compelling testimonials.
– John de Graaf, Co-Producer and Co-Author of Affluenza: the All-Consuming Epidemic
Tony and Shane Uncut Finale — Tony Campolo & Shane Claiborne’s complete dialog on simpler living and global justice, in eight parts. To LISTEN visit the Episode Index. The topics are different for each episode.
* * *
Subscribe to SLW! Blog
Click “+Follow” at lower right of blog post, enter a name and email address. Welcome!
* * *
What’s NOW with SLW
- Simple Living Humor? What’s That? A problem with simple living is that we’re so serious. We don’t even know what to call ourselves. “Simple Livers” seems so anatomical. I mean our heart is really in it, but our livers? We might as well call ourselves Simple Kidneys. • Spirit of Simplicity: Quotes & Art cartoons: Christmas #’s 3-A001-A004 (cartoons by Dan Livdahl) | Earth Care #’s 5-A028-A038 (cartoons by Steve Babbert) | Economics #’s 7-A026, A035 (cartoons by Steve Babbert) • PostConsumers.com: Get Satisfied Gallery (cartoons & short video by Mike Swofford) • Bob Sitze’ Simple Enough blog is often humorous in a sophisticated way. Six algorithms I’d like to see is especially funny.
- How Many HITS for Your Today? A cautionary blog about advertising for the beginning of the school year and the upcoming onslaught of political ads for the fall election. See the fifth Life Standard: Non-Confirm Freely text or video.
- Seattle Recharge — meeting Glen Gersmehl, Exec. Dir. of Lutheran Peace Fellowship; interviewed by Christine Sine for her Godspace blog. I plan to issue my interview of Tom and Christine Sine and as a SLW! podcast in Sept. See the notes I took of our group discussion (Post #293) at Mustard Seed Associates, as well as the notes from my speaking tours through 40+ states (including my first visit to MSA, post #168). Tom is the author of the best-seller Mustard Seed Conspiracy. He gave me a copy of his recent The New Conspirators: Creating the Future One Mustard Seed at a Time. +Tom’s blog.Also on this trip I reconnected with one of my influential college instructors, Gerald Stolp, in Eugene, OR.
- Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – August
- Check out a few of these thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE.
- Treasury of Celebrations*: Create Celebrations That Reflect Your Values and Don’t Cost the Earth Earth – May-Aug.
- Worship Alternatives: Pentecost/Ordinary Time
- Spirit of Simplicity: ART | QUOTES
- 10 Tips for Simpler, More Meaningful Celebrations | Spanish: 10 puntas
- Alternatives’ Seasonal/Thematic Index
- Tom and Christine Sine of Mustard Seed Associates — SLW!Podcast, Sept. 1
- Thank the Rich
- Hiroshima Day – Aug. 6: Remembering the past for the sake of peace; Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes; Middlebury, Indiana, to Hiroshima, Japan; Remembering and hoping. ART = Spirit of Simplicity: 4-A548 – How to Fold a Paper Peace Crane; 4-A3505 – August 6, 1945 — When the clocks stopped – Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Jerry’s Excellent Adventure in Social Media complete. READ MORE
- The response to my blog “Why Are Danes So Happy?” has been AMAZING. Thank you! The responses to my blogs and podcasts are collected HERE
- Alternative Pentecost & Ordinary Time
- The Common Good Podcast Episode 49 – Geoscientist Jeff Severinghaus: How 800,000 Year Old Antarctica Ice Confirms Earth’s Changing Climate & How to Respond
What Others Are Doing
- The Common Good Podcast Episode 50 – Colin Richard on Permaculture
- Seeing Systems: Peace, Justice and Sustainability – New Course from Northwest Earth Institute
- Interviews, Book Groups, etc. – Spreading the Conversation about The OneEarth Project and the book, Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us, by Lee Van Ham. | TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode 42 | Lee’s new Slide Show
- Spring of Sustainability: Turning Crises into Creative Solutions [Since this series is over, you can only access it by subscribing. Or hear two free samples.] Summer of Peace: Transforming Conflict in Your Heart, Your Relationships and the World, a free online event, June 13-September 21, both series from The Shift Network and Sustainable World Coalition
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3). Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent).
SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments at the bottom of Show Notes, then check ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review. Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same.
Do your friends a favor. Share our blog and podcast.
Like SLW! on Facebook. | Follow us on Twitter. | Follow us on Pinterest. Share your thoughts on our podcast and blogs. Email Feedback AT SimpleLivingWorks DOT org [or SimpleLivingWorks@yahoo.com or SimpleLivingWorks2@gmail.com], leave a message on our Facebook page or on the SLW! blog.
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
*GRAPHIC – Eastern University / World Vision Canada
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization. Instead, we urge Alternative Giving. Give away at least 25% of what you spent last year on all celebrations – Christmas, birthdays, etc. — to local, national and international causes.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index. To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.