Simple Living MUSIC
Posted September 10, 2014on:
Earth Mama’s music is fun and enjoyed by all ages, while teaching important messages about sustainable living, recycling, and eco-activism. Perfect for teachers and Cultural Creatives, Earth Mama music spreads the word about sacred ecology and simple living. Earth Mama music is truly “music therapy for the planet.”
Earth Mama provides the opening theme music for SLW! Podcast. For her version of “Simple Gifts: ‘Tis a Gift to Be Simple,” listen to episode 2. John Pitney’s complete “Live Simply So Others May Simply Live” (closing podcast theme) | website.
“Enough Is As Good As a Feast” (text and audio) is Earth Mama’s contribution to Alternatives’ Stories & Songs of Simple Living.
MUSIC Collections: Sing Justice! Do Justice! | Carols with Justice | more
* * *
Subscribe to SLW! Blog
Click “+Follow” at lower right of blog post, enter a name and email address. Welcome!
* * *
What’s NOW with SLW
- I interviewed Tom and Christine Sine at Mustard Seed House for SLW! podcast #28. I’ve published my notes of our group discussion (Post #293) at Mustard Seed Associates, as I did with the notes from my speaking tours through 40+ states (including my first visit to MSA, post #168).Tom is the author of the best-seller Mustard Seed Conspiracy. He gave me a copy of his recent The New Conspirators: Creating the Future One Mustard Seed at a Time. He blogs. He also wrote a series of Advent/Christmas reflections for Alternatives. Christine wrote The Search for Meaning: Beyond a Commercialized World (available in text or podcast). She has written several books about faith formation and gardening.
They are building the Mustard Seed Associates educational eco-village on an island on the coast of Washington state.
- Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – September
- Check out a few of these thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE.
- Treasury of Celebrations*: Create Celebrations That Reflect Your Values and Don’t Cost the Earth Earth – Sept.-Dec.
- Worship Alternatives: Pentecost/Ordinary Time
- Spirit of Simplicity: ART | QUOTES
- 10 Tips for Simpler, More Meaningful Celebrations | Spanish: 10 puntas
- Alternatives’ Seasonal/Thematic Index
- Sept. 15 SLW! podcast — Brian “Wolt” Wolters and the Overflow Project | 50-Day Challenge | my blog SIMPLIFY + GIVE + CHANGE = WATER
- Oct. 1 SLW! podcast — Paul Canavese, head of GospelLiving.org. Paul and spouse Ann have contributed to the Wedding Alternatives Supplement. They hosted Rita and I on a speaking tour. Read the notes of that visit at Post #58. As an internet security expert, he also brought our colleague organization, Jubilee Economics back to health after we were hacked.
- New “Simply Advent” eResources. It’s so encouraging when someone uses or re-issues some of Alternatives’ resources. World Vision Canada has repackaged our Simply Enough DVD of Tony Campolo and Shane Claiborne as Choose Justice with an extensive Conversation Guide. Wood Lake Books — publisher of The Alternative Wedding Book and Treasury of Celebrations — has included The Christmas Game in their popular curriculum Seasons of the Spirit. Now Paul Canavese of The Pastoral Center has incorporated some of Alternatives’ Advent/Christmas resources in its new Simply Advent eResource series. (Or see all of their Advent eResources.) Although their market is primarily Catholic, their four inserts for the Sundays in Advent are quite ecumenical. Their goal is to continue including Simple Living into future resources. So, you have the choice — if you have the time and inclination — to design your own resources using Alternatives’ elements, or to pay someone else a bit to use their Alternatives-inspired eResources.
- Tony and Shane Uncut Finale — Tony Campolo & Shane Claiborne’s complete dialog on simpler living and global justice, in eight parts. To LISTEN visit the Episode Index. The topics are different for each episode. Complete Endorsements by Jim Wallis, Author of God’s Politics & President of Sojourners; Aiden Enns, Geez magazine, BuyNothingChristmas.org; Walter Brueggemann, author/scholar; Justo L. Gonzalez, Author of The Story of Christianity; Tom Sine, Author of The Mustard Seed Conspiracy; John de Graaf, Co-Producer and Co-Author of Affluenza: the All-Consuming Epidemic
- Simple Living Humor? What’s That? A problem with simple living is that we’re so serious. We don’t even know what to call ourselves. “Simple Livers” seems so anatomical. I mean our heart is really in it, but our livers? We might as well call ourselves Simple Kidneys. • Spirit of Simplicity: Quotes & Art cartoons: Christmas #’s 3-A001-A004 | Earth Care #’s 5-A028-A038 | Economics #’s 7-A026, A035 • PostConsumers.com: Get Satisfied Gallery (cartoons & short video by Mike Swofford) • Bob Sitze’ Simple Enough blog is often humorous in a sophisticated way. Six algorithms I’d like to see is especially funny.
- Alternative Pentecost & Ordinary Time
What Others Are Doing
- Memorial 911 Prayers – A Resource List
- We Raise Social Costs – a commentary for Labor Day from Eco-Justice
- The Common Good Podcast Episodes 50-51 – Colin Richard on Permaculture
- Seeing Systems: Peace, Justice and Sustainability – New Course from Northwest Earth Institute
- Interviews, Book Groups, etc. – Spreading the Conversation about The OneEarth Project and the book, Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us, by Lee Van Ham. | TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode 42 | Lee’s new Slide Show
- Summer of Peace: Transforming Conflict in Your Heart, Your Relationships and the World, a free online event, June 13-September 21 | Spring of Sustainability: Turning Crises into Creative Solutions [Since this series is over, you can only access it by subscribing. Or hear two free samples.] — both series from The Shift Network and Sustainable World Coalition
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3). Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent).
SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments at the bottom of Show Notes, then check ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review. Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same.
Do your friends a favor. Share our blog and podcast.
Like SLW! on Facebook. | Follow us on Twitter. | Follow us on Pinterest. Share your thoughts on our podcast and blogs. Email Feedback AT SimpleLivingWorks DOT org [or SimpleLivingWorks@yahoo.com or SimpleLivingWorks2@gmail.com], leave a message on our Facebook page or on the SLW! blog.
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
*GRAPHIC – Earth Mama
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization. Instead, we urge Alternative Giving. Give away at least 25% of what you spent last year on all celebrations – Christmas, birthdays, etc. — to local, national and international causes.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index. To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.