Lent Preview — Week FOUR
Posted March 14, 2015on:
Half Way Through Lent
Online I offer free resources for the 40 days of Lent that center around Alternatives’ legacy resources based on Liturgical Year B (Mark). For a gentle daily reminder, follow me on Twitter or Linked-In.
Two 40-day calendars:
And two study guides that include weekly reflections and activities:
3/15-Fourth Sunday in Lent: Read guide & reflection for this day in your chosen series.
3/16-Mon., Day 23: Read Guide & activities, select one to do
3/17-Tues., Day 24: Read Guide & Forgive and Forget by Susan Vogt
3/18-Wed., Day 25: Read Guide & Can You Eat on Four by Susan Vogt
3/19-Thur., Day 26: Read Guide & Some Thoughts About Eating and Drinking by Katie Cook
3/20-Fri., Day 27: Read Guide & Spirits Collide: A Conversation with Isaiah 35 (A Reading for a People in Exile) by Ken Sehested
3/21-Sat., Day 28: Read guide & catch-up on an item you may have missed during the week.
3/22-Fifth Sunday in Lent: Read guide & reflection for this day in your chosen series.
* * *
Subscribe to SLW! Blog
Click “+Follow” at lower right of blog post, enter a name and email address. Welcome!
* * *
What’s NOW with SLW!
Simple Living Works! Podcast
Episode 40 – Joel Zaslofsky || Joel’s one of my first guests not of my generation, one of the young adult champions of simple living today. Joel is the Chief Simplifier, Curator, and Founder at Value of Simple: Liberate Your Time Money and Talent. He also hosts the popular Smart and Simple Matters show. His recent book is Experience Curating: How to Gain Focus, Increase Influence and Simply Your Life. He organizes the annual SimpleREV Movement & Conference — Revive and Rev It Up! + All Things SimpleREV Podcast.
- Who’s Risen from the Dead, Anyway? is an expanding, free collection of alternative resources for Lent/Holy/Week/Easter. This year it features ten lenten blogs by author, speaker, workshop leader Susan Vogt. Susan is also our interviewee on two episodes of SLW! Podcast. Part One || Part Two || Susan’s Site: marriage, parenting, spirituality, leadership, workshops, books, about Susan. || Contribute to Who’s Risen from the Dead, Anyway? online. | Submission Guidelines
- Alternative Ash Wed. and Lent, Feb. 18-April 4
- MORE Free Lent/Easter Alternative Resources
- Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – March
- Check out a few of SLW! thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE. Visit Seasonal/Thematic Resource Index
- Lent Preview – Week THREE
- Lent Preview – Week TWO
- Lent Preview – Week ONE
- Lent Preview – Week ZERO
- Previews of Simple Living Blogs, Podcasts and Sites // New Collaborators and Champions
- Recent Responses to all SLW! media, including links
What Others Are Doing
- The Common Good Podcast
Episode 57: Marco Tavanti on Sustainable Development
- NEW three minute film: Ecology and Economics—Colleagues, Not Rivals || Conversation about The OneEarth Project and the book, Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us, by Lee Van Ham. | TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode 42 | Lee’s new Slide Show
- Godspace for Lent 2015: Seven Tips for Creating Sacred Space for Lent || 5 Ways to Foster Creativity in Kids During Lent || Get Creative and Play Games in Lent
- Colleague Kevin Tupper’s new Christian Simplicity site is starting a new discussion using Mark Scandrette’s book, “FREE: Spending Your Time and Money on What Matters Most.” He welcomes anyone to join in.
- Lenten Reflection: Thinking about food in a time of fasting
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3).
Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent).
SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments at the bottom of Show Notes, then check ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review. Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same.
Do your friends a favor. Share our blog and podcast.
Like SLW! on Facebook. | Follow us on Twitter. | Follow us on Pinterest. Share your thoughts on our podcast and blogs. Email Feedback AT SimpleLivingWorks DOT org [or SimpleLivingWorks@yahoo.com or SimpleLivingWorks2@gmail.com], leave a message on our Facebook page or on the SLW! blog.
For hard copies of Alternatives’ resources at nominal cost, contact ELCA Archives, 321 Bonnie Lane, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * (847) 690-9410 * email@example.com
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization. Instead, we urge Alternative Giving. Give away at least 25% of what you spent last year on all celebrations – Christmas, birthdays, etc. — to local, national and international causes.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index. To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.