Livin’ Simply ‘n Lovin’ It — SLW! eNews
Posted May 2, 2015on:
Simple Living Works! eNews #44 — May, 2015
May SLW! Podcasts: Livin’ Simply ‘n Lovin’ It!
- Segment 1: Introduction
- Segment 2: Five Life Standards of Voluntary Simplicity – Cherish the Natural Order, Do Justice
- MENTIONS: Living More with Less
PART 2 – Ep. 45 (complete preview)
- Segment 3: Life Standards – Learn from the World Community, Nurture People, Non-Conform Freely
- Segment 4: Mission
- Segment 5: Resources
* * *
Subscribe to SLW! Blog
Click “+Follow” at lower right of blog post, enter a name and email address. Welcome!
* * *
What’s NOW with SLW!
- SLW! Podcast: Episode 42: Jeff Yeager, much more than the Ultimate Cheapskate; author of The Cheapskate Next Door and Don’t Throw That Away! // Jeff’s The Cheap Life on YouTube (AARP) // Jeff’s Savings Expert (AARP)
- Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – MAY
- Check out a few of SLW! thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE. Visit Seasonal/Thematic Resource Index
- Off to Greece — Rita and I recently walked in the steps of St. Paul.
- Episode 42 – Clyde Griffith of NewCelebrations.com: Resources that reflect a more healthy, a more sane, a more theologically correct approach to more meaningful celebration of Christmas and other holidays. // Facebook | Twitter @ClydeGriffith | Pinterest (Words of Life) // How We Celebrate Says a Lot About How We Live
- Who’s Risen from the Dead, Anyway? is an expanding, free collection of alternative resources for Lent/Holy/Week/Easter. || Contribute! Submission Guidelines
- Episode 41 – Sarah van Gelder, co-founder and editor-in-chief of YES! Magazine, and author of Sustainable Happiness: Live Simply, Live Well, Make a Difference.
- Episode 40 – Joel Zaslofsky, the Chief Simplifier, Curator, and Founder at Value of Simple: Liberate Your Time Money and Talent. He also hosts the popular Smart and Simple Matters show. His recent book is Experience Curating: How to Gain Focus, Increase Influence and Simply Your Life. He organizes the annual SimpleREV Movement & Conference — Revive and Rev It Up! + All Things SimpleREV Podcast.
- Previews of Simple Living Blogs, Podcasts and Sites // New Collaborators and Champions
- Recent Responses to all SLW! media, including links
What Others Are Doing
- That socially responsible thing: Some find love of neighbor influences buying, investing behavior
- The 50 Day Challenge. Simplify. Give. Change. The Overflow Project encourages simple living and generous giving in order to change lives. Your participation in the 50-Day Challenge will make a difference in your daily life and also change lives in eleven villages of the Laputta area of the Ayeyarwaddy Region in Myanmar. Join the 50-Day challenge today! 100% of funds donated from the 50-Day Challenge will go to partner with World Concern in supporting clean water, sanitation and health needs, and cyclone shelters in this region.
- The Common Good Podcast
Episode 59 :: Doug Clegg: Why Some Artists Avoid the Entertainment Industry
- Three minute film: Ecology and Economics—Colleagues, Not Rivals || Conversation about The OneEarth Project and the book, Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us, by Lee Van Ham. | TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode 42 | Lee’s new Slide Show
- Colleague Kevin Tupper’s new Christian Simplicity site welcomes anyone to discuss Mark Scandrette’s book, “FREE: Spending Your Time and Money on What Matters Most.”
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3).
Complete Episode Index
Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent).
SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments at the bottom of Show Notes, then check ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review. Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same.
Do your friends a favor. Share our blog and podcast.
Like SLW! on Facebook. | Follow us on Twitter. | Follow us on Pinterest. Share your thoughts on our podcast and blogs. Email Feedback@SimpleLivingWorks.org [or SimpleLivingWorks@yahoo.com or SimpleLivingWorks2@gmail.com], leave a message on our Facebook page or on the SLW! blog.
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
IMAGE: Jerry Iversen
For hard copies of Alternatives’ resources at nominal cost, contact ELCA Archives, 321 Bonnie Lane, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * (847) 690-9410 * email@example.com
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization. Instead, we urge Alternative Giving. Give away at least 25% of what you spent last year on all celebrations – Christmas, birthdays, etc. — to local, national and international causes.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index. To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.