SLW! Weekly: Site Problem Resolved
Posted July 13, 2015on:
Simple Living Works! Weekly Digest Sorry, the SLW! web site has been down for a few days, so the SLW! Podcast has been inaccessible through the site. Ouch! It has taken awhile for the techies at my site host to correct the problem. Although the SLW! blog functioned normally, I didn’t want to publish new posts if the links to the podcast didn’t work. Subscribers through iTunes, Stitcher, etc. were not effected. Thanks for your patience.
SUBSCRIBE to SLW! Podcast for free through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. Subscribe to SLW! Blog. Click “+Follow” at lower right of blog post, enter a name and email address. Welcome!
* * *
What’s NOW with SLW!
- Simple Living Works! eNews #46, July 1, 2015 — SLW! Podcast #48: Mike Mercer, Exec. Dir., Northwest Earth Institute || NWEI on Wikipedia // NorthWest Earth Institute‘s newest discussion course ebook, Change Is Our Choice: Creating Climate Solutions, is a brand new five-session discussion course on climate action that will help your community or organization to do just that – take action to increase resilience and mitigate the impacts of climate change. Presented in an interactive ebook, this new discussion course experience integrates video, audio and printed content with action plans.
- SLW! Podcast #47: Exec. Dir. Susan Stephenson, Interfaith Power and Light
- SUBSCRIBE for free through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service.
- Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – JULY
- Check out a few of SLW! thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE. Visit Seasonal/Thematic Resource Index
July 15 SLW! Podcast #49: Laird Schaub, Fellowship for Intentional Community (complete preview)
Upcoming Alternate Celebrations
- Simple Living Works! eNews — SLW! Podcast Episode #46: Jared Brock is the author of A Year of Living Prayerfully, and the co-founder of Hope for the Sold, an abolitionist charity that fights human trafficking. He and Michelle directed and produced the film Red Light Green Light. He writes regularly at JaredBrock.com.
- Alternatives’ legacy audio recording Living Simply and Loving It! PART 1 – Episode 44 | PART 2 – Episode 45 | Similar TEXT Version
- Previews of Simple Living Blogs, Podcasts and Sites // New Collaborators and Champions
- Recent Responses to all SLW! media, including links
What Others Are Doing
- NorthWest Earth Institute‘s newest discussion course ebook, Change Is Our Choice: Creating Climate Solutions (see above)
- Eco-Justice Ministries (Peter Sawtell): Details Matter – 7/10/15
- Simply Enough (Bob Sitze): “Finicky,” “Sale!”
- Living Lightly (Susan Vogt on living more simply but abundantly): 365+ Days of Give-Aways
- Simple Living: the Good Life (Janet Luhrs): Death Is in the Details: How Not to Sweat the Small Stuff (7/2/15) // Stay Outside and Play Longer with These 5 Simple Dinner Recipes
- Becoming Minimalist (Joshua Becker): The Pieces We Allow in Our Lives (7/10/15) // Do Less and Live More (7/6/15) // 6 Questions to Discover Your Most Meaningful Pursuits // 5 Simple Ways to Live an Abundant Life through Self Simplicity
- Simple Times (Debi Taylor-Hough): Saving Your Time, Money & Sanity– July 9 edition // July 2 edition
- Value of Simple (Joel Zaslofsky): Liberate Your Time, Money and Talent — How to Get Better at Asking for (and Giving) Anything
- Earth Mama (Joyce Rouse) — NEW Website! NEW Songbooks! NEW Whole Enchi-Mama on a USB Thumbdrive! NEW Standing on the Shoulders music video! NEW sheet music offerings!
- Mustard Seed Associates (Andy Wade): The Spirituality of Scarcity and Abundance // The Neighborhood Church as Fungus
- GodSpace (Christine Sine)
- The Common Good Podcast – Episode 60 :: Christle Balvin — Extreme Drought Teaches Value of Water for the Common Good // Episode 61 :: Pope and Pando: An Encyclical and a Conference on Reversing Climate Change
- The OneEarth Project (Lee Van Ham) — Three minute film: Ecology and Economics—Colleagues, Not Rivals || Conversation about The OneEarth Project and the book, Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us, by Lee Van Ham. | TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode 42 | Lee’s new Slide Show
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3). Complete Episode Index Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent). SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments at the bottom of Show Notes, then check ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review. Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same. Do your friends a favor. Share our blog and podcast. Like SLW! on Facebook. | Follow us on Twitter. | Follow us on Pinterest. Share your thoughts on our podcast and blogs. Email Feedback@SimpleLivingWorks.org [or SimpleLivingWorks@yahoo.com or SimpleLivingWorks2@gmail.com], leave a message on our Facebook page or on the SLW! blog. Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist IMAGE: New course from Northwest Earth Institute For hard copies of Alternatives’ resources at nominal cost, contact ELCA Archives, 321 Bonnie Lane, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * (847) 690-9410 * email@example.com We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization. Instead, we urge Alternative Giving. Give away at least 25% of what you spent last year on all celebrations – Christmas, birthdays, etc. — to local, national and international causes. Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license. *Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum. Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index. To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.