Simpler Living Weekly Nudge
Posted July 5, 2016on:
July 5, 2016
In This Issue:
- SLW! Podcast Ep. #72 — Population Connection, Part 1 // World Population Day, July 11 //
- Simpler Living Weekly Nudges for July: Money & Goods — Easy to Share // Week 1: Green Business // Week 2: Green Investing // Week 3: Green Products // Week 4: Personal Finance, Credit & Debt
- Worth Revisiting: Celebrating Summer // Ramadan
- Worth Revisiting: Shane Claiborne of The Simple Way Community with his mentor Tony Campolo – Tony & Shane UnCut, SLW! Podcast Episodes 20-27
- No More!
What’s NOW with SLW!
- SLW! Podcast #72 – Population Connection, Part 1
- World Population Day, July 11
- Our Daily Simple Living Nudge
- New SLW! Site Search Engine on Home Page Window #4
- Current activities of the Chief Activist
- SLW! Blog Index | SLW! Podcast Index
- SUBSCRIBE to SLW! Podcast for free through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. Subscribe to SLW! Blog. Click “+Follow” at lower right of blog post, enter a name and email address. Welcome!
- Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – JUNE: Alternative Giving // JULY: Money & Goods
- Check out a few of SLW! thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE. Visit Seasonal/Thematic Resource Index
- Upcoming Alternate Celebrations: May-Aug.
- I gladly pass along links from simple living bloggers, podcasters, coaches and others in the SLW! Weekly Digest / blog – free, of course.
- SLW! Podcast #71 – Jessie Schiele of Jerusalem Farm intentional community in Kansas City, MO, built on the four cornerstones of Prayer, Community, Service and Simplicity
- SLW! Podcast #70: Tom Sine – Live Like You Give a Damn! Join the Changemaking Celebration! (June 1)
- Previews of Simple Living Blogs, Podcasts and Sites // New Collaborators and Champions // Jubilee OneEarth Economics & The Common Good Podcast
- Recent Responses to all SLW! media, including links
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3). Complete Episode Index. Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent).
SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments at the bottom of Show Notes, then check ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review.
Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same. Do your friends a favor. Share our blog and podcast.
Like SLW! on Facebook. | Follow us on Twitter. | Follow us on Pinterest. Share your thoughts on our podcast and blogs. Email SimpleLivingWorks@yahoo.com, leave a message on our Facebook page or on the SLW! blog.
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
*IMAGE: Cut Credit Card from Worship Alternatives ART #937
For hard copies of Alternatives’ resources at nominal cost, contact ELCA Archives, 321 Bonnie Lane, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 // (847) 690-9410 // firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization. Instead, we urge Alternative Giving. Give away at least 25% of what you spent last year on all celebrations – Christmas, birthdays, etc. — to local, national and international humanitarian causes.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index. To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog each week.