Simpler Living Weekly Nudge
Posted October 19, 2016on:
Simpler Living Weekly Nudge
Oct. 19, 2016
- SLW! Podcast Ep. 79–Lee Van Ham, author, blogger, speaker, podcaster //
- Want to Contribute to WHOSE Birthday? 2016: An Advent and Christmas Resource for Families, Individuals and Churches. Submission Guidelines Whose Birthday? is for your personal inspiration, community education and sharing. This online-only edition is a work-in-progress. You can still submit ART or an ARTICLE. Although this resource is not available in print, you may make copies through the Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license. Choose from dozens of items for your own customized edition, if you prefer. //
- Worth Revisiting: Halloween //
- Our Simpler Living Weekly Daily Nudge // Easy-to-share for Oct.
- Relish These Sustenance QUOTES // ART //
- No More.
What’s NOW with SLW!
- Our Daily Simpler Living Nudge
- What Is The NUDGE? / How It Works / How to GET It – Subscribe by sending NUDGE to SimpleLivingWorks@yahoo.com / How to SHARE It / More About Holidays
- August–Personal Choices, Happiness, Fulfillment
- September: Non-conform Freely
- October: Sustenance // Week 1: Food || Week 2: Recipes (from Developing Countries) & Food Preparation || Week 3: Sustainable Agriculture, Organic Farming || Week 4: Gardening
- SLW! Podcast Ep. 78–James Howard Kunstler, author, blogger, speaker, podcaster, social critic // He is best known for his books The Geography of Nowhere (1994), a history of American suburbia and urban development; The Long Emergency (2005); and most recently, Too Much Magic (2012). In The Long Emergency, he argues that declining oil production is likely to result in the end of industrialized society as we know it and force Americans to live in smaller-scale, localized, agrarian (or semi-agrarian) communities. World Made by Hand, Kunstler’s series of novels about such a culture in the future.
- SLW! Podcast — Ugly Food Project — Part 1: #76 – Celebrating Ugly Food/gleaning and Part 2:#77 – Fighting for Clean Water — Exploring the intersection of faith, food and water in a time of drought — speakers, film, music, worship, fun! + Ugly Food Banquet, Bethel Lutheran Church (ELCA), Templeton, CA, Pastor Amy Beveridge and guests // Making Applesauce – A spiritual experience with ugly food
- Interfaith Power & Light // Participate in the Election // Voter Reflection Guide // SLW! Podcast Ep.47 with IPL
- New SLW! Site Search Engine on Home Page Window #4
- SLW! Blog Index | SLW! Podcast Index
- SUBSCRIBE to SLW! Podcast for free through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service.
- Subscribe to SLW! Blog. Click “+Follow” at lower right of blog post, enter a name and email address. Welcome!
- I gladly pass along links from simple living bloggers, podcasters, coaches and others in the SLW! Weekly Digest / blog – free, of course.
- Simpler Living Alternative Daily Calendar – OCT.
- Check out a few of SLW! thought-provoking, timely resources that might meet your personal, family or congregational/group needs. They’re all FREE. Visit Seasonal/Thematic Resource Index
- Upcoming Alternate Celebrations: Sept.-Dec.*
- Previews of Simple Living Blogs, Podcasts and Sites // Collaborators & Champions // The OneEarth Project // Jubilee OneEarth Economics & The Common Good Podcast – new site!
- Recent Responses to all SLW! media, including links
- What’s Coming: SLW! Ep. 80-83 — “Whose Birthday Is It, Anyway?” for Advent/Christmas
You can access all SLW! podcast audio and the show notes either at SimpleLiving.startlogic.com/SLW-PODCAST or at SimpleLivingWorks.org (then click window #3). Complete Episode Index. Listen through your computer, iPod, iPad, iPhone (or equivalent).
SUBSCRIBE through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments at the bottom of Show Notes, then check ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review.
Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same. Do your friends a favor. Share our blog and podcast.
Like SLW! on Facebook. | Follow us on Twitter. | Follow us on Pinterest. Share your thoughts on our podcast and blogs. Email SimpleLivingWorks@yahoo.com, leave a message on our Facebook page or on the SLW! blog.
*IMAGE: Spirit of Simplicity: Quotes & Art #1-A2152
For hard copies of Alternatives’ resources at nominal cost, contact ELCA Archives, 321 Bonnie Lane, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 // (847) 690-9410 // firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization. Instead, we urge Alternative Giving. Give away at least 25% of what you spent last year on all celebrations – Christmas, birthdays, etc. — to local, national and international humanitarian causes.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.
Through social media, we extend the mission and resources of the non-profit organization Alternatives, 1973-2011. Simple Living Works! web site home page | Theme/Seasons Index. To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — please listen to our getting-acquainted episodes, especially #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog each week.